Summary: There are two stand out features of the DNK AM-E exercise bike. First the looks, it really is one stylish machine compared to many I have seen. The LED console is also excellent, with a display, tracking and programs well ahead of other bikes in this price bracket. Check out what previous buyers have said about this exercise bike (hint: very positive reviews) and the solid discount on the product page over at amazon.co.uk
- Flywheel: 8kg/17.6lbs; 32 Levels of Computer Controlled Resistance; Max. User Weight: 140kg/308.6lbs
- Console Feedback: Time Speed Distance Calories Pulse Recovery Watts RPM; Computer: Blue LCD Display:
- Programmes: Manual, 12 Pre-Set Programmes + User Mode, Target HR Mode and Watt Mode;
Detailed Review of the DKN AM-E Exercise Bike
A well built exercise bike, designed to make getting fit easy and enjoyable.
The DKN AM-E is a solid exercise bike with a sleek black and grey design. It features a comfortable padded seat and pulse sensor handle bars, both of which can be adjusted to fit any size user.
The manufacturers have designed this with home gyms and beginners in mind. It’s compact with a low frame, making it easy to get on and off of. It’s also reasonably light, weighing in at 34.5kg, with wheels at the front to make moving it easy and adjustable legs at the back so you can make sure the bike sits flat.
The onboard computer really adds value to this exercise bike. There are 32 levels of resistance and 12 pre-set exercise programmes to choose from. Another great feature is the ability to set your desired heart rate. The machine will then automatically change the resistance level as you cycle, making sure you stay at the pre-set heart rate. For those serious about cardio workouts, this feature alone sets the machine apart from other models.
- Attractive design (in a category where this is often overlooked)
- LED Control panel with advanced tracking options
- Lesser known (though up and coming) brand
- Only 12 pre-set programs
The DKN AM-E is a mid-range model suitable for those serious about getting fit. It has less exercise programs and fitness test features that some other units in the same price range, but does have a wireless receiver, so if you find handle grip sensors unreliable you can use a chest strap instead.
If you’ve got limited space for exercise equipment you’ll appreciate the compact design and because it operates very quietly. While DKN is not a household name, it’s range of fitness products have a good reputation among users – the buyer feedback has been very positive for this model.
Many reviewers have noted how easy the machine is to start using and the preset exercise programmes have been great at keeping casual users motivated. It’s compact size and the fact that it doesn’t make much noise has also been a plus point. While on the whole most people found it easy to put together, some people complained that the instructions weren’t so easy to follow which made things harder for some DIY novices.
Overall there’s lots to love about this bike. It looks stylish and professional, feels great to ride and comes with all the features you need for an intensive workout every time. Check out the product page over at amazon.co.uk to see that buyer feedback and the latest discount for yourself.
More Exercise Bike Reviews:
- JLL IC200 Exercise Bike Review (you get to choose your colour with this one – which has been top of the best sellers list for most of this year!)
- York Fitness Perform Exercise Bike Review (that trusted York Fitness Name…)
- Confidence Fitness Sit Down Mini Bike Review (for under the desk, or sitting watching the TV!)
- Nordic Track u60 Exercise Bike Review (more expensive than some, though has a ‘wow’ factor)
- JLL JF100 Bike