Summary: The Garmin Forerunner 610 includes GPS, a heart rate monitor and can be programmed with your goals and achievements and has functionality of a ‘virtual training partner’ to keep your motivation high. This is a touch-screen device which also works with the Garmin Connect online community. A fully featured running watch which is great value, especially when you include the amazon discount.
- Touchscreen GPS running watch that records your pace, distance, GPS position, heart rate, calories and more; HRM included
- Race against previous and compete with a virtual partner over a set distance/time; plus view, replay and share your workout for free online at Garmin Connect
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /homepages/20/d610930789/htdocs/fitnessreview/wp-content/themes/rehub/content-egg-templates/Amazon/data_compact.php on line 53
Detailed Review of the Garmin Forerunner 610
The Garmin forerunner 610 is a premier running watch that will become your training partner. It will help motivate you, give you encouragement and even provide you with that healthy competition needed to get the best out of yourself.
The hotfix satellite works extremely well. Previous versions of the forerunner have been criticized for having poor satellite pick-up – taking up to ten minutes for the GPS to kick in. Users of the 610 have reported 30 seconds at most to find your location. This means you can get straight on with your run.
The heart rate monitor chest strap is comfortable and pairs up with the watch without problem and holds its signal. The touch screen is superb, works flawlessly even in rough weather conditions.
The USB ANT stick is a really cool feature to save you messing around with any wires, plug in the USB after going to the Garmin Connect website and your watch will automatically sync all of the data when in range. It is important to go to the website first though, as users have reported problems if they power up the ANT stick first.
Once hooked up to Garmin Connect you can look over your workouts, share them with others and get challenges direct to your watch that you can the go out and do. This keeps your workouts varied and fresh, which in turn keeps challenging your body.
Garmin Forerunner 610 Technical Details
- HotFix satellite prediction finds satellites so you can start running immediately
- Heart rate monitor calculates calorie consumption via fluctuations in the heart
- Set and race against your personal best
- Virtual partner to help motivate you and give you a sense of competition
- Garmin Connect allows you to view, replay and share your workouts with the online community
- Vibration alerts that you can customise
- Multiple choice of colours available
- Touch screen will function in any weather
- Wireless uploads to Garmin Connect
More Trackers / Watches: