Summary: The Herculean Compact CUG2 from vFit is a budget multi-gym for home use, this is comfortable, solidly built and covers all of the major muscle groups with different functions. The max weight load is 72kg. Taller users have reported some difficulties using some of the functions – based on this feedback I would recommend a different gym if you are 6 foot or over. You’ll get a lot of functions for the price, and (at the time of writing) a generous discount over at amazon.co.uk – check out the dedicated product page here for more
- Strong tubular steel upright frame with chip resistant Sandtex grey coating
- Double-up cabling system provides up to 72kg resistance
- Bench Press, Chest Press, Lat Pulldown (Front and Back), Pec Dec, Leg Extension, Back Leg Curls, Upright Rows exercise functions
Detailed Review of the vFit Herculean CUG2 Gym
This is a compact machine compared to many of the single station multi-gyms for home use – though it is my no means small. With a max 72kg of weight load, it is suitable for most exercises for most of us – though some may look for a little bit more. This gym includes a double-up cabling system for extra safety while you work out. As I noted in the summary, taller users have complained that some functions are too restrictive for them. If you are 6’+ then I recommend you head back to my main Home Gym Reviews page and find a bigger and more robust item.
The seat is padded and designed with comfort in mind, while the modular tube design keeps the weight of the entire item down. It is possible to bolt this gym to the floor should you wish.
A few things to note, this is a heavy item, so clearly it’s going to take a few people to help set this up and give yourself a few hours for assembly. Feedback via the comments said that assembly was easy – one commenter went as far as to say that Ikea could learn a thing or two from vFit!
The overall impression from the comments is that the value is reasonable, though not to expect a top-quality gym at this budget price point. If you strip out the taller users who had genuine issues with some exercises, then the feedback score is not as bad as it first looks.
For a budget home multi-gym for users under 6′ – the vFit Herculean is a solid pick. You can check out the full gallery and latest discount over on the amazon.co.uk product page.
More Home Gym Reviews:
VFit CUG2 Technical Details
- 125kg max user weight
- Cables are all doubled so all muscles can be trained without changing
- Compact design, so it’s ideal for home use
- Built to last with steel tubular frame
- Up to 72kg training resistance
- Bench press, chest press, pec-dec, front and back lat pulldowns, upright rows, leg press and leg curls