Mark’s Update: This one has been removed from Amazon (could not find it elsewhere either)… I suspect it had something to do with the buyer feedback for this model- which was disappointing. Especially when compared to the glowing feedback for other York Fitness equipment (their Excel 310 Rowing Machine could not be more different). I’m adding a strong ‘Do More Research’ message to this model for the time being, and will check back in a few months to see if the aggregate feedback has improved!
- 16 levels of manual magnetic resistance and smooth Kevlar belt drive mechanism allowing 120kg max user weight.
- Wheels for easy transportation, large padded seat with a compact folding design with large padded foot rests.
Summary: Budget rower from the popular York Fitness which looks sharp and has many of the features of much higher priced models. You’ll get a LCD display, variable resistance and a solid build all in one. This is an ideal machine for a beginner – check it out at amazon.co.uk
Detailed Review of the York Fitness R101 Rower
The York Fitness R101 Rowing Machine is definitely meant for a beginner at rowing, it is light and minimal, but that’s not to say it won’t give you a worthy workout. With 12 levels of resistance, you can be sure that there is enough versatility for the more experienced rower as well as those starting out.
Perfect for the home, it easily folds away for storage, or you could even carry it to and from the living room when you want to have a workout if space is an issue. Hydraulic mechanism means less care, you don’t have to worry about greasing the flywheel and it won’t require any electric power. This make it longer lasting for those of us who don’t have time for maintenance.
To keep track of your progress, there is a computer monitor installed that displays various aspects of your workout such as the number of calories burned, strokes time and speed; all in all a solid budget rower with a generous feature set.
York Fitness generally have a good reputation for both their service and their fitness equipment. Very average reviews for this model show that something is not right. I’d check out some alternative budget range models and see how the feedback compares before you order.
- Nice looking budget model
- From the popular York Fitness
- LCD Display and configurable resistance levels
- Lacks the advanced featured (monitors / entertainments / water resistance and so on).
Alternative Rowing Machines at the Budget End of the Price Range:
- Body Sculpture B100 Rowing Machine
- Kettler Stroker Rowing Machine Review (popular pick!)
- V-Fit Fit Start Rowing Machine Review