Summary: The Reebok ZR8 treadmill combines serious quality with those trademark Reebok elegant looks. You’ll find an advanced shock absorbing running surface, a fully programmable console with automatic incline as well as speed / distance settings. Best of all this model folds up, using a hydraulic system to offer ‘soft drop’ when you need to use it. There is currently a large discount on this model at amazon.co.uk – check out the product page for the full picture gallery, latest offer and feedback from current owners.
- 24 pre set programs
- Folds for storage
- Zig cushioning system
- 15 levels of incline
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /homepages/20/d610930789/htdocs/fitnessreview/wp-content/themes/rehub/content-egg-templates/Amazon/data_compact.php on line 53
Detailed Review of the Reebok ZR8 Treadmill
The Reebok ZR8 is a big and solid treadmill. If you intend to move your treadmill around a lot then you might want to consider a lighter home model. The Zr8 does fold up (you can see a picture of it folded on the amazon.co.uk product page). The hydraulic arm makes getting it into the running position smooth and easy. With a big running surface, I was surprised to see a 120kg (almost 19 stone) top weight – it certainly looks like it could take a couple more stone, so maybe this is just the Reebok legal department being careful?
With a top speed of 16 km/hour (10 mph), this treadmill is plenty fast enough for most home users. Only the most serious athletes out there require the 20km/ hour top speed models. There is a 2 horse power motor, which has been engineered for a smooth ride. The best feature of all is the automatic incline. This can really add some burn to your runs, and is controlled via the computer – rather than manually.
That computer certainly looks impressive, fanning out over the top of the safety handrails with a lot of different buttons. This includes preset programs, and you can tailor your own program too. You will find all the regular running stats (time, speed, distance, pulse and calories) displayed. It is possible to switch from kilometers to miles too. There is Mp3 compatibility, and built in speakers. This model does not include a built-in fan.
What Current Owners Said About the Reebok ZR8 Treadmill
Starting with the negatives – there are only a couple of unhappy users out of a list of many happy ones. It seems one of these had a sequence of motors go, these were replaced – though he is rightly unhappy with the saga. The other complaint involved tripping a home fuse box. While I sympathize here, it does feel like an odd amount of detail in the feedback, especially coming from an electrical engineer…
Most people were very positive, and overall this treadmill has excellent reviews. Big, robust and great value appear again and again. Assembly does not seem to have caused many issues, though 2 people are needed for this.
You’ll get a lot of treadmill for a mid-range price with the Reebok ZR8 – and that distinctive Reebok style too. As long as the current amazon.co.uk discount holds this one could be a real bargain.
Check out the user feedback and current discount for yourself now on the amazon.co.uk product page.
- Beautifully designed Reebok machine
- Auto-incline and programmable LCD display
- Protect joints with shock absorber tech
- Mid to higher range price tag
Reebok Zr8 Treadmill Full Specification
- Designed with an easy folding mechanism for convenient storage
- The Smart Zig cushioning system provies shock reduction on shins and hamstrings
- A Powerful 2.0 Horsepower motor provides a running speed of 6 to 10mph
- Treadmill inclines to 15 electronic presets for challenging uphill running
- A resourceful control panel with LED display, mp3 input, onboard speakers and volume control
- Display panel shows Speed, time, distance travelled, calories, incline setting and montiors pulse rate
- The most comprehensive workout programme with 24 preset selections and extra user designed settings
- Supports a maximum user weight of 120kg
- Measures 102 x 74 x 143cm when folded for storage.
- When in use, the treadmill measures 165 x 74 x 143cm
More Great Mid-Range Treadmills: